Friday, December 16, 2011

Grace

There are so many lessons i have listened to, attended and read on grace. They are great... unless it's us (me) who is needing to give or ask for it. It's totally fine if it's someone else's problem... it's like most things... the whole plank vs splinter issue. Just a thought as my heart is a little sad still ... sad that a relationship that I valued was not shared in value by the other person and easily dismissed. Of course that   leads to an opportunity for me to be bitter towards those involved and I've been fighting it for months now (every Jedi knows the force from the dark side is strong!) ...and still fighting it today. I feel like this is a lesson I needed to learn though, on grace. I needed to put those lessons into practice and although I have asked for grace and not received it... i won't deny it to them. b/c how can I receive something from God that  I am not willing to give to others? Well... I'm sure I could,  but that's not His way... and how is it fair to expect everyone to be in the same place in their walk? I sure wouldn't want some of my very wise friends to expect the same level of maturity from me that I expect from them. So, the journey continues.

No comments: