Monday, July 20, 2009

So here we are...Sunday afternoon and we're celebrating Noah's 6th birthday!
We decided to have a small party for him, hoping that I would be there with my due date being right around the corner. Everything turned out fine - not as many attendees as we expected but that's life and Noah was not dissapointed in the least.
Now, for the blue hair...
I forgot to buy the hair color/ spray earlier in the week for Vacation Bible School's crazy hair day. Noah took it in stride but I knew he really really wanted it and I felt a little guilty...so we suprised him by having it for him at his birthday party. Sela wanted to take part in it too but Caleb was hesitant, until it was gone. Poor guy... I bought more, so maybe next time. :)


Most of these pictures are out of order...but you'll get the idea of how the party went down. The kids had fun and at the end of the day - that's what the party is all about!
Pinata time - obviously this is the end result, after Hannah gave it a beat down! Yay! Candy...now go on home kids. Uh oh...3 of em are mine. :0
Noah taking a swing at it!

Noah & Caleb's friend Aaron takes his turn.

Sela tried it too. She enjoyed it more than I expected. Somehow, we didn't get Caleb's picture. Rob was in charge of the camera & the pinata...he does NOT like to surrender the camera at parties and I'm actually grateful for that. :)

Presents!

Cake & Ice cream

Make a wish little man!

Noah's cake: Made with love by Mom, designed by the birthday boy himself.
Blue tier: Chocolate
White tier: silver white cake
Red: White w/ m&m's...
all homemade (from scratch) with homemade buttercream icing. delicious!
Noah playing the clothespin drop game. My kids LOVE games...apparently all kids don't. hmm...learn something new everyday! I love this picture of Noah though. I can't believe he's 6!

My sweet Sela - enjoying the games too. I am so uncomfortable, can you tell? I feel and look like I am going to pop any minute. Noah worries that Ava is going to explode out of me like a cannon...being how my belly is rock hard and ripping (stretch marks). Should I tell him how she'll come out? hmm....

Aaron, taking care of my kids for me. LOL

Nana & Papa - always glad that they make it to the parties. :)

Musical chairs.
Caleb LOVED this game.
Sela got annoyed quickly b/c she was out and kept bringing a chair back for herself.




Pin the tail on the donkey. They played over, and over, and over, and over...





And that's about it. Noah had a great time. He insists this was his best birthday ever. He can't wait until he's 7 b/c birthday's get better every year! I'm so glad he feels this way, b/c Rob and I put forth a lot of effort in this direction.
I love being a parent...even when I get dirty looks for reprimanding my children in public! :)

1 comment:

The Bann Clan said...

You always do the best parties!