Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sela's Garden Party

Sela is a gift from God.
Rob and I are so blessed to have the friends and family - the support system that we do. God has been good to us and birthdays are a great time to show thanks. Sela's first year was beautiful. She is a beautiful, loving and a super sweet little girl. I love having her more than I imagined that I would. There is something about the 3rd child, for me, that I've truly enjoyed the moments...not wishing for the next stage but rather loving where we are - TODAY.
Noah and Caleb have grown into their roles as big brothers. As a parent I am incredibly grateful for their dispositions, their loving spirits and both Rob and I feel blessed to be where we are ....regardless of finances we know how good we have it. As a parent I hope to give our children all I had and more - I love seeing her with her brothers, loving them as much as I've always loved mine. I pray they will cherish each other for life.
Thank you to everyone who was able to be at Sela's party. I know there were plenty of people who couldn't be there, but I know that you were with us, in our hearts.
We missed Grammy & Dude a lot as well as Ryan, Shannon & Tara, Jason, Mende & Lana. I can't wait to see you guys again. Noah thought that it would be funner if Uncle Ryan would've been there...and then we could go camping again with Uncle Jason. :)
I made this sign for Sela's party.
This is Noah's potted plant. He is very proud of it and can't wait to show it to Grammy & Dude. We will do our best to make it last!
Jasmine Soto was thoughtful enough to make a pot & plant these flowers for Sela...so sweet! It turned out beautifully!
This is the beginning of presents at Sela's party. I think that she received a lot of great stuff - and it wasnt' overboard. This party was great - everyone seemed to have a really good time! Noah was really psyched about this particular present b/c he and Caleb gave it to her...she picked it out though so it was a sure win!
Sela smiled as soon as she saw me bring this baby out of the bag. Aunt Kellie & Uncle Brian hit a home run with this gift. Sela was loving on her baby as affectionately as she was her cousin Lana. Maybe we should just name the baby Lana. hmm....:)
Here's her cake. Mommy made it.
Mommy & Sela with Kim & Asad Buttar. 2 Advocare mommies getting ready for the party! Kim came early for a visit with her 2 kids and ended up being helpful in game preparations!
Here we are - getting ready for our "bug hunt" game. All of the kids received a toy magnifying glass and were told to hunt for 4 bugs (of course they were fake!). The kids seemed to have a lot of fun with that. The older kids, Hannah & Jasmine were super helpful in steering the younger kids in the right direction.
Noah - ready for the bug hunt! I SPY a cutie pie Caleb in the background!


Caleb visiting with his Nana during the party.
Tanya Soto with her 3 daughters, Jaz, Anna & Ella working on their "flower pots" at Sela's garden party.
Sela is pretty unsure about what's going on...there's an awful lot of people singing and staring at her!
She's good...eventually she ended up covered in her cake. She really took her time with it though - and then I hosed her off and cleaned chocolate cake out of her ears.
"Yummy Cake!"




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much fun!! I love her hat. Jason and I said she looked like she was wearing the Pope's hat.

Aunt Mende and Uncle Jason