It's a pet peeve of mine when I'm out with the kids and people want to "comment" randomly. They all pick from the same handful of comments...
"you sure do have your hands full today"
"are they ALL yours???"
"i bet your busy!"
"i don't know how you do it...my one keeps me busy!"
...now these comments don't "offend" me but I sure don't take the first 3 as compliments...
my favorite though came just a couple of days ago when i had all the kids with me in the bathroom at a restaurant and a lady came in as we were leaving ... she smiled and said "you have been truly and richly blessed" and to that I said "amen...I have! Thank you for reminding me of that in this crazy moment".
It's not hard to be a blessing to someone...and this lady helped me more right then than she'll ever know.
No comments:
Post a Comment