Saturday, November 19, 2011

Facebooked out! :/

Now that I have FINALLY figured out the login information for this blog...I have high hopes for keeping up again. I've missed blogging. Unfortunately I got lazy and turned to Facebook...which is great and all but doe EVERYONE I have ever known really need to be in our families personal business? After a riduculous amount of contemplation, I've finally concluded that no...no they don't. So...back to the blogging world. Hopefully you will find the Padgetts to still be as super cool as you once did and ha....maybe even cooler?!?!?! :) 

A lot has happened since the last post in MAY! wow...6 months ago. 

1. we didn't buy a house. We did move to Clermont and are renting a great house in a great neighborhood. we love it...and i had no intention of doing so. Guess it really was time for change for us. 

2. Vacation - we went on our first family vacation in July. We stayed in Florida - went to Miami & the keys. We did some camping, snorkeling, lots of walking and exploring, went to the University of Miami and the Miami Childrens' Museum and had an absolute amazing time. 
Best moment? laying in our tent by the ocean with the kids and Rob while they exp[experiencing lightening bugs for the first time. loved that! 

3. School - Sela started Kindergarten! She's reading really well... writing and loving math. Reading is definitely her favorite. I'm super proud of her. 
Caleb is in first grade now. He loves math...amazing to me how quickly he is picking up on stuff. He's one of those kids that is just fun to teach and encourage. 
Noah is in 3rd grade now. His curriculum is on countries and cultures this year. He loves history and science...biographies have really sparked an interest for him this year. Our science focuses on the environments and animals in each of the countries and continents that we're "visiting" throughout the school year. Its been a year of significant growth for him...and we're only in November. I love seeing him mature in his thinking and desire to dig deeper into the subjects that spark his interest. 

4. Family - the kids are growing...and so has our family. As of late October we have 4 kids (Noah, Caleb, Sela & Ava), 2 adults (Rob & Liv), 2 dogs (Chevelle & Nova)  and 2 cats (Princess Sara & Sonic...formerly known as "huggy-dougy)) that we rescued from a friend that couldn't keep them anymore. Our house is a busy (and often loud) one...but I love it and wouldn't want it any other way. 

5. Most Recently we took our first trip to LegoLand. We were invited by friends to go with their homeschool group *were not a part of this one* and had an amazing time. Rob had to work so Grammy was awesome and came with us...took lots of pictures and was the helping hand and support that I'm so grateful to have. Plus the kids just love having her around. :) Thanks mom! 
We will be going again next month with our own home school group and Rob (aka daddy) will be able to join us for that one. The kids are psyched to get to go again. It's pretty cool. 

So those are my top 5 things to update you from the last 6 months. leave your comments...your love and subscribe to our blog. I'll be much better about keeping up knowing that y'all are out there reading. 

It feels good to be back. 




2 comments:

Laura said...

I love reading your blog, and am very thankful you decided to return to it!!! Yay!!!

Anh said...

Hey Olivia,
Just wanted you to know, I really enjoy this post! I think about you; your geniuneness and care, in circumstances over the years,- to be real, when others were not. :)
- :) Love Anh