Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Ava!

Seriously, this is how it all started...well, kinda.
Mom arrived in Orlando around 5PM on August 1st. I was having contractions but really was looking forward to an Ale House burger, fries & sweet Tea...we went on ahead with our dinner after picking mom up from OIA. :)
Around 3 AM on Sunday the 2nd I woke mom up to let her know we were headed off to the hospital...and thus beginning a LONG day for us all.

I was admitted to the hospital around 5 AM - the Dr. broke my water & started Pitocin around 7:30 AM and soon after was put in isolation. You see my nurse and I were having a friendly conversation about her recent cold...and I happened to be getting over one myself, moments after our conversation my dr. came in and informed me that I was being put on isolation b/c I had "cold symptoms". Unfortuantely Swine Flu is alive and well in central Florida right now and precautions had to be taken. What an experience! :( All of our dr's and nurses looked as though they were prepared not only for a birth but also a mission to mars...I merely had this mask. The mask did NOT make me happy...as you can see.


At 10:00 I asked the nurse to "check" me b/c I was feeling a lot of pressure "down there". Ava was trying to make her arrival before the Dr. was available...just like her big sister did. These girls...they are so impatient!
Ava was born with only 1 push from Mommy
at 10:13 AM weighing 6lb 1 oz and only 18 1/2 inches long.

Mommy & Ava together again...after she went through her first round of poking and prodding. We had no idea that the drama was not over...her low blood/sugar made for 24 hours worth of testing. Whatever it takes to help your baby stay healthy, right?!?!
We're just delighted to have her with us!

Rob, Ava & I - our first picture taken by our nurse...yet the one who alerted the authorities about my cold symptoms. She was actually a great nurse and she was simply doing her job. It just stinks when everything doesn't go as expected.


Ava with her first visitor...Mary.
Mary is a friend of mine from WAY back in the day - she is the one who hosted my baby shower.
Our whole family!
Sela commented after taking this picture that "there were a lot of people in mommy's bed!"
Sweet & Cuddly Caleb with Mom.

Rob Ava & I.
Noah with his new baby sister!

Noah, Ava & I. He's a pro with this baby/ new sibling thing. :)

Caleb...he's so cute! He loves Ava so much...he's really getting into his role as big brother now.
Can you see the pure joy in Sela's face here? SHe's so excited!!!

Grammy with Ava.
I felt bad - not only did she not get to relax and ease into being in Orlando with 3 of her grandkids when we dumped em all on her but she was so patient waiting her turn at the hospital, letting the kids love on Ava first and even helping them hold her.
Thanks Mom. :)

Nana & Papa came to the hospital too for their first visit with Ava.


Looks like they aren't cool with visiting hours being over, huh? Just kidding...I don't know what they are looking like this for but I thought it was funny enough to include! :)

No comments: