Friday, April 11, 2008

April Showers - Update



Update:
Thursday morning (April 10th) Sela woke up covered in this rash - I took her to the doc - was escorted out and told to go to the ER(b/c she was not up to dat on her vaccinations...the doc freaked out and also sent us a letter a week later to no longer offer care for our children!!?!?!?!? ).
Anyway, I did not go to the ER with Sela...I was already having a rough enough day - saw 2 other doctors who also suspected/ suggested that she had a classic case of chicken pox... a couple of days later we realized she did not.
We're not positive what she had - either 5th disease or roseola...neither are that big of a deal, simular to Chicken pox with some variation. Caleb and I also got whatever she had...without the rash. The first part was high fever and stomach virus. Fun for all!
Everyone is fine now...the rash looked really weird on Sela. I was emotional - like I said having an overwhelming day due to the loss of our baby at 15 weeks.
I had the miscarriage Thursday (the day Sela woke up with the rash) at 15 weeks but the baby had been going through fetal demise since about 8 weeks.
We know there is a plan - it hurts while we're inthe heat of it but know there's a reason for it all.
Just wanted to update those of you we don't have a chance to talk to on a more regular basis.
Thanks to all of you who shared a sympathetic ear (or email!), helped out our family in various ways and for all of your prayers.
We are all doing much better now, picking up the peices and moving on.

No comments: